Mini Zookeeper For a Day
Time: 8:30am - 3pm (every day during school holidays)
Duration: Full day
Age: 7 - 13 years
Price: $129 per child (Excludes zoo admission)
Members price: $116.10 per child (Includes zoo admission)
Max. group size: 12
Become a Mini Zookeeper for a day!
For an animal-loving child, or a kid who’d love to be a zookeeper one day, there’s really no better experience than our Mini Zookeeper for a Day program. This program teaches children what it takes to become a zookeeper and provides an opportunity to get hands-on experience feeding and caring for a range of different animals.
Our mini zookeepers will learn cool facts and important information about animal conservation. They’ll learn about animal training and what they can do in their own lives to protect rare and endangered animal species. They'll even get the chance to get creative and make something that will enrich the lives of our beautiful animals.
The Mini Zookeeper For a Day program is a great activity to keep the kids busy during the school holidays. Book early to avoid disappointment as only 12 children per day will have the opportunity to participate in this program.
What to expect
- 8:30am orientation
- Meet and greet with zookeepers
- Participate in daily cleaning and food preparation tasks
- Photo opportunities with reptiles and Australian animals
- Assisting in animal feeds
- Creating animal enrichment items
- Q&A session with education team and zookeepers
How to book
Call us on 02 7202 2560 to reserve your child's spot now.
- Mini Zookeeper For a Day program is held every day during the school holidays from 8:30am - 3pm
- The maximum group size of 12
- Children must be aged between 7 and 13 and all children must be comfortable in the presence of animals
- Parents are not able to accompany children on the day, however are welcome to purchase a ticket to explore the zoo at their own pace
- Program inclusions: A full day of learning and fun! Lunch is included
- What to bring: A backpack and a sun hat, water bottle and morning tea/snacks
- Fitness requirements: Children will be exploring and walking around the zoo for the day and should be able to stand and crouch comfortably
- Clothing requirements: Enclosed flat shoes
- Participants will be required to agree to the program rules and sign a waiver form on the day
- Members prices only available to children on a active annual membership
- Members are entitled to a 10% discount which is reflected in the Members price