Time: 9:45am daily
Duration: 30 mins
Min. age: 4 years
Price: $75 per person (Excludes zoo admission)
Members price: $67.50 (Includes zoo admission)
Max. guests per session: 4
Experience a mob of meerkats up close!
Meerkats are adorable, especially when they sit up on their hind legs to get a better look around. During our NEW meerkat encounter, not only will you get to learn amazing meerkat facts and hand-feed our mob, but you may be lucky enough to have these inquisitive cuties climb on you too!
A Sydney Zoo meerkat experience makes a memorable family activity and is perfect for families with young children. The young ones will love the playful nature of the mischievous meerkats.
Book early to avoid disappointment as only four lucky people will get the chance to feed our meerkats each day.
How to book
Call us on 02 7202 2560 to reserve your spot now.
- Please check-in at the information desk at the zoo entrance at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled encounter time. Encounters go ahead on time as scheduled.
- Meerkat encounter bookings do not include zoo entry. Please ensure you purchase an entry ticket or book your visit in the member portal.
- As a covid safe precaution, a face mask will be provided and is required to be worn during the encounter. It may be removed for a photo opportunity.
- Meerkat encounters are held once per day at 9:45am for a maximum group size of 4.
- Minimum age of 4 applies and all children must be comfortable in the presence of animals.
- All participants up to 16 years must be accompanied by a Parent or Guardian.
- The encounter runs in all weather conditions. We recommend wet weather attire on wet days. Sydney Zoo reserves the right to cancel the encounter in extreme weather conditions.
- Meerkat Encounter inclusions: A keeper talk, one-on-one meerkat feed and photo taken by our zookeeper with your phone.
- Fitness requirements: You should be able to stand and crouch comfortably and will need to be able to walk 200m along an uneven gravel path with a slight incline.
- This encounter is not suitable for wheelchairs or people with compromised mobility. Other encounters are available for people with compromised mobility. Please call us on 02 7202 2560 to discuss what other encounters may be suitable.
- Clothing requirements: For your comfort and safety, please wear enclosed, flat shoes and long pants (dresses and skirts are not suitable as meerkats will climb underneath them). Visually ostentatious garments (i.e. costumes, novelty hats etc.) are not permitted.
- Guests will be required to agree to encounter rules and sign a waiver form on the day.
- Encounter bookings are non-refundable. Any changes to your booking must be made at least 7 days prior to your visit date. Please call us on 02 7202 2560.