Time: 3pm daily
Duration: 30 mins
Min. age: 5 years
Price: $44 per person (Excludes zoo admission)
Members price: $40 (Includes zoo admission)
Max. guests per session: 4
Get up close to our majestic camels!
During our NEW camel encounter, you will get to learn amazing camel facts from our experienced zookeepers, snap a photo and hand feed our camels.
A Sydney Zoo camel encounter makes a memorable activity and is perfect for older children.
Book early to avoid disappointment as only four lucky people will get the chance to feed our camels each day.
How to book
Call us on 02 7202 2560 to reserve your spot now.
- Please check-in at the information desk at the zoo entrance at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled encounter time. Encounters go ahead on time as scheduled.
- Camel encounter bookings do not include zoo entry. Please ensure you purchase an entry ticket or book your visit in the member portal.
- As a covid safe precaution, a face mask will be provided and is required to be worn during the encounter. It may be removed for a photo opportunity.
- Camel encounters are held once per day at 3pm for a maximum group size of 4.
- Minimum age of 5 applies and all children must be comfortable in the presence of animals.
- All participants up to 16 years must be accompanied by a Parent or Guardian.
- The encounter runs in all weather conditions. We recommend wet weather attire on wet days. Sydney Zoo reserves the right to cancel the encounter in extreme weather conditions.
- Camel Encounter inclusions: A keeper talk, one-on-one camel feed and photo taken by our zookeeper with your phone.
- Fitness requirements: You should be able to stand and crouch comfortably and will need to be able to walk 200m along an uneven gravel path with a slight incline.
- This encounter is suitable for people with some forms of compromised mobility. Please call us on 02 7202 2560 to discuss if this encounter is suitable for you.
- Clothing requirements: For your comfort and safety, please wear enclosed, flat shoes suitable for varied surfaces. Visually ostentatious garments (i.e. costumes, novelty hats etc.) are not permitted.
- Guests will be required to agree to encounter rules and sign a waiver form on the day.
- Encounter bookings are non-refundable. Any changes to your booking must be made at least 7 days prior to your visit date. Please call us on 02 7202 2560.