5. You must NOT:
6. Some feed that Sydney Zoo provides exhibited animals may contain traces of nuts and other products that some Sydney Zoo patrons are allergic to. If you or a person under your care has known allergies, please raise this with a Sydney Zoo staff member before handling any animal feed or engaging with any exhibited animals.
7. While Sydney Zoo cares for exhibited animals, some may carry diseases that can be passed to humans. By entering Sydney Zoo you accept this risk and release and indemnify Sydney Zoo (in its own right and on behalf of all of its directors and other officers, employees, contractors, invitees and agents) from any liability it may suffer as a result of you, or a person under your care, contracting any disease from an exhibited animal.
8. Sydney Zoo has been designed to enhance the environment for exhibited animals and opportunities for patrons to observe them. However, design features such as elevated walkways, moats and the provision of areas within which exhibited animals can roam free can be dangerous. You must supervise any person under your care at all times, remain attentive to their and your safety, and ensure that they and you avoid any dangerous or risky behaviour.
9. It is a condition of entry that you release and indemnify Sydney Zoo (in its own right and on behalf of all of its directors and other officers, employees, contractors, invitees and agents) from all liability for any injury, loss or damage that you or any person in your care may suffer (including personal injury and loss or damage to property) while in, or within the vicinity of, Sydney Zoo except to the extent such liability arises from, or to the extent it is contributed to by, any wilful misconduct or negligence by Sydney Zoo.
10. Sydney Zoo is in the process of formulating a new access policy for assistance animals to visit our site. This policy is being developed in consultation with a number of stakeholders and will be in operation very shortly. Should you wish to bring your assistance animal to the zoo, please contact our reception on 02 7202 2560 to register your interest and to make arrangements for a visit.
11. Personal photography and video and audio recordings are permitted in, and within the vicinity of, Sydney Zoo but you must not:
Commercial or any other photography or recordings that are not strictly for personal use are prohibited in the absence of written permission from Sydney Zoo. This includes photography and video taken by members of the media, the paparazzi and activist groups. It is a condition of entry that you agree to turn over to Sydney Zoo all copies of any photographs or recordings taken by you in violation of this prohibition.
12. With the exception of prams and strollers for young patrons and disability aids for patrons with disabilities, patrons may not use mobility devices in, or within the vicinity of, Sydney Zoo, including bicycles (or similar), hover boards, pogo sticks, roller blades or skates, roller or spring-loaded shoes, scooters, Segways, skateboards, stilts, or trolleys.
13. Activities by patrons unrelated to zoo patronage may not be carried out in, or within the vicinity of, Sydney Zoo without the express permission of Sydney Zoo. This includes advertising, commercial, community, media, political, religious or social activities or displays, busking, fundraising, demonstrations or protests, and public surveys.
14. In addition to these conditions of entry, Sydney Zoo may impose additional conditions of entry by displaying them at the time of ticket purchase or at a public entrance.
16. From time to time, Sydney Zoo takes promotional photography and video at Sydney Zoo, which may inadvertently capture you in the background in the course of your visit to the zoo. Sydney Zoo staff will inform you if there is any photography or videoing occurring in an area, so you can avoid it if you want to.
17. All patrons are responsible for their own property and whilst Sydney Zoo takes precautions to reduce damage or theft, responsibility will not be taken for damage or loss of personal property.
18. Sydney Zoo reserves the right to alter ticket prices and these General Terms and Conditions without notice.
19. Please contact Sydney Zoo if you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions.
All encounter participants must:
Please note: your booking is not confirmed until the indemnity form is signed.