Ticket Terms and Conditions
Sydney Zoo General Terms and Conditions
These General Terms and Conditions relate to entry to Sydney Zoo, which is operated by Sydney Zoo Pty Ltd (ABN 55 168 970 090). They apply to all Sydney Zoo patrons and other visitors and invitees.
- Tickets include tickets issued online at sydneyzoo.com, or vouchers issued directly from Sydney Zoo, or from self-serve kiosks or the general admissions desk at Sydney Zoo.
- Tickets are issued in return for payment of the relevant fee set out in the schedule of ticket prices published by Sydney Zoo from time to time. Tickets may also be issued in some cases without payment, for example to replace a lost or stolen ticket, or as part of a promotion.
- Membership tickets are tickets for Sydney Zoo Membership which permit entry to Sydney Zoo on more than one occasion over an applicable membership period. In addition to these General Terms and Conditions, the Sydney Zoo Membership Terms and Conditions contain supplementary terms and conditions governing membership tickets and can be viewed below.
- Tickets purchased online are valid for 89 days once the transaction is shown as successful via sydneyzoo.com, and can be used by printing the ticket and showing it at entry or by showing the ticket on an electronic device at entry.
- Sydney Zoo may set concessions or other discounts on some or all of its tickets from time to time for specified groups. Unless otherwise provided for in its then current schedule of ticket prices, concessions and discounts will be available to:
(a) named holders of Pensioner Concession Cards, Health Care Cards, Commonwealth Seniors Health Cards and Repatriation Health Cards issued by the Commonwealth Government;
(b) named holders of Companion Cards and Seniors Cards issued by an Australian State or Territory;
(c) students aged 15 years and over who are enrolled for full-time study at an Australian education institution; and
(d) members of such associations as Sydney Zoo may approve in its sole discretion from time to time.
- Proof of concession or discount eligibility must be provided at the time of, or following, purchase by emailing or posting a certified photocopy to Sydney Zoo or bringing in your concession or discount card for Sydney Zoo staff members to sight at upon your entry.
- Single-entry tickets are valid for a single day and membership tickets are valid for the duration of the membership period. If a ticket is designated for entry before or after a specific time of day, it is only valid for entry before or after (as applicable) that time of day. Bookings may be rescheduled in the case of extenuating circumstances up to 89 days from the purchase date at www.tickets.sydneyzoo.com/reschedule/.
- Tickets are valid for use during normal zoo opening hours on any day Sydney Zoo is open to the general public subject to any specific restrictions of the ticket type. Sydney Zoo does not guarantee that it will be open on any particular day or for any minimum period of days. Further, Sydney Zoo cannot admit patrons at a time when it has reached venue capacity (refer below for further details).
- Tickets cover all general public zookeeper talks and shows. Except to the extent identified on the ticket, a ticket does not include food and beverage, retail, or premium products and experiences such as animal encounters or guided tours.
- Access to Sydney Zoo is subject to capacity limits, including daily member limits, which may change from time to time without notice. If you are unable to access Sydney Zoo when you are otherwise entitled to do so because of capacity limits, you may redeem your ticket but only (in the case of membership tickets) if the ticket has not been used previously. Sydney Zoo is not otherwise liable to you for any damages that you may suffer as a result of being unable to enter Sydney Zoo because of capacity limits.
- A patron with a single-entry ticket who wishes to leave and re-enter Sydney Zoo on the same day may obtain a pass-out from the Sydney Zoo general admissions desk. Re-entry is subject to production of the pass-out and, in the case of adults, acceptable photo identification. If a ticket is designated for entry before a specific time of day, re-entry will only be available before that time of day.
- Tickets that have not been used for entry or expired can be redeemed by the holder of the ticket and once redeemed the ticket is null and void. If your ticket is stolen or misplaced, please contact Sydney Zoo immediately and, depending on the circumstances, Sydney Zoo may in its discretion re-issue a new ticket to you.
- Once it has expired, a ticket will not be refunded or extended.
- The Australian Consumer Law (ACL) contains guarantees which provide consumers with a basic, guaranteed level of protection for goods or services they acquire. If Sydney Zoo breaches any of these consumer guarantees, as the holder of a ticket, you may be entitled to a remedy under the ACL. If the breach of the consumer guarantees cannot be remedied or amounts to a major failure, you will be entitled to a refund or other remedies under the ACL. All other liabilities of Sydney Zoo in respect of tickets and entry are excluded.
- Subject to rights to remedies including refunds under the ACL (if any), Sydney Zoo has no obligation to provide a refund, nor is it otherwise liable, for change of mind, incorrect purchase or visits that do not occur or are curtailed by inclement weather, emergencies, illness, transport delays or any other matters outside of its control.
- Tickets are not transferable. Sydney Zoo will not honour any ticket that it reasonably believes to have been lost or stolen, transferred, used, or to be a forgery.
- Sydney Zoo does not guarantee the availability of any exhibited animal, display or event, and reserves the right to change advertised programmes, seating arrangement and audience limits. Further, it reserves the right to close all or any part of its facilities without notice.
- Sydney Zoo reserves the right to refuse entry or remove a patron if it considers (acting reasonably) that the person has not complied with, or is unlikely to comply with, these General Terms and Conditions or any other Conditions of entry, in which case Sydney Zoo has no obligation to pay ticket refunds or permit ticket redemptions and may cancel membership tickets.
- If Sydney Zoo has notified you that you are prohibited from entering Sydney Zoo for a period (which may be permanently), including as a result of any previous or anticipated non-compliance with these General Terms and Conditions or any other Conditions of entry, you must not purchase (or procure any other person to purchase) a ticket for use by you during the period of prohibition. Sydney Zoo reserves the right to cancel any ticket you purchase or another person purchases for you in contravention of this prohibition, without giving a refund.
Sydney Zoo Membership Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions relate to membership of Sydney Zoo, which is operated by Sydney Zoo Pty Ltd (ABN 55 168 970 090). It supplements the General Terms and Conditions, which all Sydney Zoo patrons are subject to and can be viewed above.
- A Sydney Zoo Membership grants the nominated member(s) unlimited public entry during normal zoo opening hours on any day Sydney Zoo is open to the general public during the applicable membership period. To gain entry on a particular day, members must have booked that day in advance using the Sydney Zoo membership booking system which can be accessed at www.tickets.sydneyzoo.com/profile.
- To purchase a Sydney Zoo Membership, you agree to purchase a Sydney Zoo day pass and, at the time of purchase, will pay a residual amount which qualifies you for a membership.
- Sydney Zoo does not guarantee that it will be open on any particular day or for any minimum period of days over an applicable membership period even if a booking has been made. Further, Sydney Zoo cannot admit members at a time when it has reached venue capacity (refer to the General Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Sydney Zoo Membership privileges are available only on presentation of a current electronically issued membership ticket and, in the case of adults, acceptable photo identification. Acceptable photo identification includes a current passport, driver's licence, identification card issued by recognised Australian educational institution, International Student Identity Card issued by ISIC Association, proof of age card issued by an Australian State or Territory, and Keypass ID issued by Australia Post.
- The Australian Consumer Law (ACL) contains guarantees which provide consumers with a basic, guaranteed level of protection for goods or services they acquire. If Sydney Zoo breaches any of these consumer guarantees, as the holder of a membership ticket, you may be entitled to a remedy under the ACL. If the breach of the consumer guarantees cannot be remedied or amounts to a major failure, you will be entitled to a refund or other remedies under the ACL. Subject to a member’s rights to refunds and other remedies under the ACL, a Sydney Zoo Membership is non-refundable or redeemable except to the extent provided for under the General Terms and Conditions. All other liabilities of Sydney Zoo in respect of a Sydney Zoo Membership are excluded.
- Sydney Zoo Membership is non-transferable. All memberships must include current member details, including first and last name, date of birth and a photograph of the member. The person who purchases the membership ticket must nominate a primary member and any other member associated with the ticket at the time of purchase. Only the persons named as being associated with a membership ticket may use it.
- The primary member associated with a membership ticket must be aged 16 years or over. The primary member is responsible for ensuring the details of their Sydney Zoo Membership (including other persons associated with the membership ticket) are correct and up to date at all times.
- Additional members may be associated with a membership ticket on payment of the full applicable membership fee (excluding children turning three years of age during a family membership, in respect of whom a pro rata fee will apply), as per the schedule of ticket prices published by Sydney Zoo from time to time, and will expire on the same date as the primary member.
- Sydney Zoo Membership commences on the date of purchase by an associated member and is valid during the period up to and including the date of expiry.
- Sydney Zoo Memberships are offered in either a pay monthly or annually option – one of these options must be selected at the time of purchase.
- Sydney Zoo Memberships paid annually will be deducted in one instalment (comprising the purchase price for a Sydney Zoo day pass and the residual payment to qualify for membership) on the date of joining via the nominated payment method.
- Memberships paid monthly will be deducted in 12 equal instalments (comprising the purchase price for a Sydney Zoo day pass and the residual payment to qualify for membership) via the nominated payment method with the initial instalment deducted on the date of joining and subsequent instalments deducted commencing one month after the first visit date.
- The primary member of a Sydney Zoo Membership may cancel with effect from after the initial 12 month membership period expiry by contacting Sydney Zoo. A cancellation may not take effect until up to two business days after the cancellation request is made and the primary member will remain liable for all payments that become due on or before this date.
- At the end of its initial 12 month membership period, a Sydney Zoo Membership is subject to automatic rollover on the following conditions:
(a) Sydney Zoo must notify the primary member by email or text message of the automatic renewal not less than 30 days and not more than 45 days before the automatic renewal is due to take effect. The notice must include details of the cost of renewal and the current nominated payment method (subject to the redaction of information for security purposes). Sydney Zoo will use the relevant contact details provided at the time of original purchase or later notified by the primary member for this purpose. It is the primary member's responsibility to ensure that his or her contact details are kept up-to-date and email and telephone settings are set to accept communications from Sydney Zoo.
(b) Automatic rollover will not occur if the primary member cancels the Sydney Zoo Membership before the end of the initial 12 month membership period.
(c) On automatic roll-over, the Sydney Zoo Membership will become a month-to-month membership with a monthly membership fee deducted on the first day of each month. Subject to any fee increases, the monthly membership fee will be the monthly equivalent of the original purchase price for a Sydney Zoo day pass and residual payment to qualify for membership.
(d) Sydney Zoo may increase the monthly membership fee at any time but must notify the primary member by email or text message of the increase not less than 30 days and not more than 45 days before it takes effect. If the increase is more than the increase in the Consumer Price Index (All Groups, Sydney) since the original purchase date, the primary member must consent to the increase before it can take effect.
(e) Without limiting any other rights of cancellation, Sydney Zoo may cancel a monthly membership at any time by giving the primary member not less than 30 days notice. Sydney Zoo does not need to give a reason for cancelling a monthly membership.
- Primary members must ensure that the nominated payment method (as updated by them from time to time) remains valid for the payment of all instalments and automatic renewals with sufficient funding capacity to process payment deductions. If any payment deduction is not successful or is dishonoured by a financial institution:
(a) the Sydney Zoo Membership will be registered as inactive until a successful payment has been processed (all access rights and other membership privileges are suspended while a membership is inactive);
(b) Sydney Zoo may require immediate payment from the primary member; and
(c) Sydney Zoo may recover from the primary member all costs, charges and fees associated with the unsuccessful or dishonoured payment.
- Members joining as a family will be entered as a ‘household’ and will receive Sydney Zoo communications to share amongst all members of that household. A household must include at least one person who is aged 16 years or over.
- Sydney Zoo patrons must comply with the conditions of entry to Sydney Zoo at all times. Failure to do so, or a deemed abuse of any membership privileges, may result in the suspension or termination of the Sydney Zoo Membership and exclusion from Sydney Zoo. The suspension of a Sydney Zoo Membership will not result in a deferral of its expiry date.
- If any person associated with a membership ticket breaches the Sydney Zoo General Terms and Conditions or any person who is not associated with a membership tickets attempts to use it, Sydney Zoo may cancel the membership ticket in respect of all persons associated with it.
- On presentation of a membership ticket, a Sydney Zoo patron who is associated with the membership ticket will receive 10% discount on purchases at Sydney Zoo retail outlets (may exclude discounted stock and special promotions) and in food and beverage outlets. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- From time to time, Sydney Zoo may arrange Sydney Zoo Membership privileges with other organisations. Where this occurs, Sydney Zoo acts as agent for the other organisation only and is not itself responsible to members for any failure by the other organisation to provide the privileges or any defect in the privileges provided.
- Other than admission rights, Sydney Zoo Membership privileges and these Terms and Conditions, are subject to periodic review and adjustment at the discretion of Sydney Zoo.
- Please contact Sydney Zoo if you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions.
Sydney Zoo Gift Voucher Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to all Gift Vouchers issued by Sydney Zoo. By purchasing, redeeming or attempting to redeem a Gift Voucher, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (Gift Voucher Terms and Conditions).
- Gift vouchers are valid for 3 years from the purchase date. The date gift vouchers cease to be redeemable will appear on each gift voucher (Expiry Date). Any unused balance remaining on a gift voucher after the Expiry Date will be the property of Sydney Zoo and will not be refunded or credited to you.
- To redeem a gift voucher online, recipients should go to SydneyZoo.com, add items to their cart, and type their gift voucher code the voucher field at checkout.
- To redeem a gift voucher instore, recipients should present the QR code on their gift voucher at the zoo to purchase items from the Boulevard Eatery or cafes, or at the Zoo Shop.
- Gift vouchers can only be used up to the maximum value loaded onto the gift voucher at the initial time of purchase and cannot be reloaded. Any purchase that exceeds the available balance on a gift voucher will require you to pay the difference by another payment method that is accepted by Sydney Zoo.
- You can make multiple purchases with Gift Vouchers in separate transactions on goods and services offered by Sydney Zoo.
- Sydney Zoo General Terms and Conditions apply to day tickets purchased with a gift voucher.
- Sydney Zoo Membership Terms and Conditions apply to memberships purchased with a gift voucher.
- Sydney Zoo memberships purchased using a gift voucher will not automatically rollover. Sydney Zoo will notify the primary member by email or text message of the gift membership expiry not less than 30 days and not more than 45 days before the membership is due to expire.
- Gift vouchers are not legal tender. You cannot obtain any cash advance with your gift vouchers or redeem your gift vouchers for cash.
- Gift vouchers cannot be resold.
Sydney Zoo Gift Membership Terms and Conditions (sold during December 2019)
Sydney Zoo Membership Terms and Conditions apply to Gift Memberships. The following Gift Membership specific terms and conditions also apply:
- A gift membership voucher can only be redeemed once.
- A gift membership is valid from 12 months from first visit date.
- Gift memberships are non-transferable.
- Gift memberships must be redeemed within 3 years of purchase.
- Gift memberships will not automatically rollover. Sydney Zoo will notify the primary member by email or text message of the gift membership expiry not less than 30 days and not more than 45 days before the membership is due to expire.