Sydney Zoo General Terms and Conditions
These General Terms and Conditions relate to entry to Sydney Zoo, which is operated by Sydney Zoo Pty Ltd (ABN 55 168 970 090). They apply to all Sydney Zoo patrons and other visitors and invitees.
Sydney Zoo Membership Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions relate to membership of Sydney Zoo, which is operated by Sydney Zoo Pty Ltd (ABN 55 168 970 090). It supplements the General Terms and Conditions, which all Sydney Zoo patrons are subject to and can be viewed above.
1. A Sydney Zoo Membership grants the nominated member(s) unlimited public entry during normal zoo opening hours on any day Sydney Zoo is open to the general public during the applicable membership period. To gain entry on a particular day, members must have booked that day in advance using the Sydney Zoo membership booking system which can be accessed at www.tickets.sydneyzoo.com/profile.
2. To purchase a Sydney Zoo Membership, you agree to pay the annual up front membership fee.
3. Sydney Zoo does not guarantee that it will be open on any particular day or for any minimum period of days over an applicable membership period even if a booking has been made. Further, Sydney Zoo cannot admit members at a time when it has reached venue capacity (refer to the General Terms and Conditions for further details).
4. Sydney Zoo Membership privileges are available only on presentation of a current electronically issued membership ticket and, in the case of adults, acceptable photo identification. Acceptable photo identification includes a current passport, driver’s licence, identification card issued by recognised Australian educational institution, International Student Identity Card issued by ISIC Association, proof of age card issued by an Australian State or Territory, and Keypass ID issued by Australia Post.
5. The Australian Consumer Law (ACL) contains guarantees which provide consumers with a basic, guaranteed level of protection for goods or services they acquire. If Sydney Zoo breaches any of these consumer guarantees, as the holder of a membership ticket, you may be entitled to a remedy under the ACL. If the breach of the consumer guarantees cannot be remedied or amounts to a major failure, you will be entitled to a refund or other remedies under the ACL. Subject to a member’s rights to refunds and other remedies under the ACL, a Sydney Zoo Membership is non-refundable or redeemable except to the extent provided for under the General Terms and Conditions. All other liabilities of Sydney Zoo in respect of a Sydney Zoo Membership are excluded.
6. Sydney Zoo Membership is non-transferable. All memberships must include current member details, including first and last name, date of birth and a photograph of the member. The person who purchases the membership ticket must nominate a primary member and any other member associated with the ticket at the time of purchase. Only the persons named as being associated with a membership ticket may use it.
7. The primary member associated with a membership ticket must be aged 16 years or over. The primary member is responsible for ensuring the details of their Sydney Zoo Membership (including other persons associated with the membership ticket) are correct and up to date at all times.
8. Additional members may be associated with a membership ticket on payment of the full applicable membership fee (excluding children turning three years of age during a family membership, in respect of whom a pro rata fee will apply), as per the schedule of ticket prices published by Sydney Zoo from time to time, and will expire on the same date as the primary member.
9. Sydney Zoo Membership commences on the date of purchase by an associated member and is valid during the period up to and including the date of expiry.
10. New Sydney Zoo Memberships are only offered as an annual membership payable in full at the time of original purchase.
11. Sydney Zoo Membership fees will be deducted in one instalment (comprising the purchase price for a Sydney Zoo day pass and the additional payment to qualify for membership) on the date of joining or renewal via the nominated payment method.
12. The primary member associated with a membership ticket may request cancellation of the Sydney Zoo Membership at any time by notifying Sydney Zoo. Sydney Zoo will endeavour to process cancellation requests within three working days. Except to the extent required by the ACL, cancellation of a Sydney Zoo Membership within the initial 12-month membership period does not entitle the primary member, or any additional member, to a refund.
13. A Sydney Zoo Membership purchased on or after 4 February 2021 is subject to automatic rollover on its expiry date subject to the following conditions.
(a) Sydney Zoo must notify the primary member by email or text message of the automatic renewal not less than 30 days and not more than 45 days before the automatic renewal is due to take effect. The notice must include details of the cost of renewal and the current nominated payment method (subject to the redaction of information for security purposes). Sydney Zoo will use the relevant contact details provided at the time of original purchase or later notified by the primary member for this purpose. It is the primary member’s responsibility to ensure that his or her contact details are kept up-to-date and email and telephone settings are set to accept communications from Sydney Zoo.
(b) Automatic rollover will not occur if the primary member requests cancellation of the Sydney Zoo Membership at least three working days before the expiry date.
(c) On automatic rollover, the Sydney Zoo membership fee will be deducted on or about the first day of the new membership period. Subject to any fee increases, the membership fee will be the equivalent of the total amount paid for membership for the prior year.
(d) Sydney Zoo may increase the membership fee at any time but must notify the primary member by email or text message of the increase not less than 30 days and not more than 45 days before it takes effect. If the increase is more than the increase in the Consumer Price Index (All Groups, Sydney) since the original purchase date, the primary member must consent to the increase before it can take effect.
(e) If a Sydney Zoo Membership is cancelled (other than by Sydney Zoo in accordance with these Terms and Conditions) after an automatic rollover, the primary member will be refunded a pro-rata amount based on the number of days remaining in the renewed period (rounded down to the nearest whole dollar).
14. Primary members must ensure that the nominated payment method (as updated by them from time to time) remains valid for the payment of automatic renewals with sufficient funding capacity to process payment deductions. If any payment deduction is not successful or is dishonoured by a financial institution:
(a) the Sydney Zoo Membership will be registered as inactive until a successful payment has been processed (all access rights and other membership privileges are suspended while a membership is inactive);
(b) Sydney Zoo may require immediate payment from the primary member; and
(c) Sydney Zoo may recover from the primary member all costs, charges and fees associated with the unsuccessful or dishonoured payment.
15. Sydney Zoo continues to recognise existing monthly Sydney Zoo Memberships subject to the following conditions.
(a) Sydney Zoo may increase the monthly membership fee at any time but must notify the primary member by email or text message of the increase not less than 30 days and not more than 45 days before it takes effect. If the increase is more than the increase in the Consumer Price Index (All Groups, Sydney) since the original purchase date, the primary member must consent to the increase before it can take effect.
(b) Without limiting any other rights of cancellation, Sydney Zoo may cancel a monthly membership at any time by giving the primary member not less than 30 days notice by email or text message. Sydney Zoo does not need to give a reason for cancelling a monthly membership if it gives this notice.
16. Members joining as a family will be entered as a ‘household’ and will receive Sydney Zoo communications to share amongst all members of that household. A household must include at least one person who is aged 16 years or over.
17. Sydney Zoo patrons must comply with the conditions of entry to Sydney Zoo at all times. Failure to do so, or a deemed abuse of any membership privileges, may result in the suspension or termination of the Sydney Zoo Membership and exclusion from Sydney Zoo. The suspension of a Sydney Zoo Membership will not result in a deferral of its expiry date.
18. If any person associated with a membership ticket breaches the Sydney Zoo General Terms and Conditions or any person who is not associated with a membership tickets attempts to use it, Sydney Zoo may cancel the membership ticket in respect of all persons associated with it.
19. On presentation of a membership ticket, a Sydney Zoo patron who is associated with the membership ticket will receive 10% discount on purchases at Sydney Zoo retail outlets (may exclude discounted stock and special promotions) and in food and beverage outlets. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
20. From time to time, Sydney Zoo may arrange Sydney Zoo Membership privileges with other organisations. Where this occurs, Sydney Zoo acts as agent for the other organisation only and is not itself responsible to members for any failure by the other organisation to provide the privileges or any defect in the privileges provided.
21. Other than admission rights, Sydney Zoo Membership privileges and these Terms and Conditions, are subject to periodic review and adjustment at the discretion of Sydney Zoo.
22. To ensure that Sydney Zoo can contact you about your Sydney Zoo Membership, the primary member must notify Sydney Zoo of any changes to the email or text message contact details provided at the time of purchase.
23. Please contact Sydney Zoo if you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions or wish to update your contact details.
Sydney Zoo Gift Voucher Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to all Gift Vouchers issued by Sydney Zoo. By purchasing, redeeming or attempting to redeem a Gift Voucher, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (Gift Voucher Terms and Conditions).
Sydney Zoo Gift Membership Terms and Conditions (sold during December 2019)
Sydney Zoo Membership Terms and Conditions apply to Gift Memberships. The following Gift Membership specific terms and conditions also apply: