Open every day.
Come connect with our beautiful animals in our wide, open spaces and fresh air. The animals would love to see you!
Important update – 3 January 2020
Face masks are no longer mandatory at Sydney Zoo. However we strongly encourage wearing face masks in the following indoor facilities:
- Reptile and nocturnal house
- Zoo shop
As a predominantly outdoor venue, Sydney Zoo remains a safe place to enjoy the outdoors and connect with wildlife. All members and guests are required to practice safe social distancing and follow the direction of our COVID Safety Marshalls.
What can you expect while visiting Sydney Zoo:
As a predominantly outdoor venue with plenty of space and fresh air, Sydney Zoo is a low-risk place to enjoy with your family and friends. We have put additional measures in place to allow for social distancing, improved hygiene and to ensure the safety of our animals, visitors and staff.
- We are limiting the number of guests per day (capacity limits include daily member limits) and regulating the number of guests entering the zoo per hour.
- All guests must pre-book a ticket either online or contact our team for help if you cannot buy your tickets online. Plan your visit and book ahead to avoid missing out
- Members need to register their visit via the member portal
- Our zookeeper talks including our Aboriginal Cultural Experience are currently suspended to avoid people gathering in one area. We will announce via our website and social media channels as we gradually return these to our normal schedule
- The eatery and cafes remain open with a limited number of indoor seats available. Our normal menu is available for takeaway purchases and can be eaten at one of the many picnic tables throughout the zoo, which are regularly sanitised.
- We have increased cleaning schedules and have placed hand sanitising stations around the zoo
Want to know more? Check out our FAQ below.