Sydney Zoo Foundation
The Sydney Zoo Foundation has been established alongside Sydney Zoo to provide opportunities for community engagement and involvement in animal and environmental conservation. The Sydney Zoo Foundation will secure financial support in order to contribute to the support of animal conservation, education and research. The Foundation also aims to enable education programs that will positively impact preservation and conservation practices to benefit generations to come.
The Sydney Zoo Foundation is committed to:
- Supporting long-term conservation and recovery programs that aim to save endangered species.
- Contributing to the protection of the local environment and removal of invasive species.
- Restoring the balance between nature and urban development.
- Providing grants for animal research projects conducted by Western Sydney University.
- Creating partnerships with conservation experts and organisations in the Greater Western Sydney Area to protect wildlife.
- Raising awareness of the value of protecting animals and the environment within communities through education programs.
- Inspiring community action through building connections between wildlife and people.
- Supporting cultural awareness through Indigenous education programs.